Monday, August 11, 2014

Made it Monday: Divisibility PowerPoint




I taught the divisibility rules last year, but I don't think the kids really got them. I have had them memorized since fifth grade, but I never understood how they worked. So I did a little internet research. The videos at artofproblemsolving.com finally cleared up the confusion.

I decided I wanted to show the kids why the divisibility rules work, but I couldn't find a resource that was quite what I envisioned. Either they required too much multimedia (which is rough when you're on African internet) or they assumed the kids already understood some of the rules.

Here is where the PowerPoint comes in. It's far from perfect, and I don't know if the kids will totally get it, but it least it gives me a place to start. Here is the file if you want it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2864188/Divisibility.pptx

4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment